Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please Help with a Sam4S ER-420M

21 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I'm about to open a Sandwich Bar and have had donated to me this wonderful register (or so I'm told!!) but can't get the bloomin' thing to do anything!! :(

When it initially turns on it comes up with Memory Alloc. I have the Operation and Program Manual but every button I press send out an ear piercing shriek and then comes up with **Warning"" PLU No Data Error

I have turned the key to the S Position which I presume is after the PGM position but still nothing.

I am a total novice at owning a cash register - a cash box and calculator have always served me well in the past so any help with it before I throw it on a skip somewhere will be hugely appreciated.

Thank you.

20 Replies
Topic starter

Slight change in circumstances now - I have done an Initial Clear and now have showing on my screen "Void Mode Closed" and then I can push any of the numeric numbers but as soon as I press a function key it lets out the shriek again and comes up with Warning PLU no data error.

Have tried every position on the control lock but nothing working!

Any advice ANYONE PLEASE!!!

Reputable Member

Hi,

It could just be that you need a Clerk logged on it order to start using the machine, do you have a key called Staff I.D or Clerk I.D, if so trying pressing 1 then Clerk I.D and see if the screen changes from saying Closed.

If not do you have the manual in electronic format you could email me so I can look further for you?

Cheers

Topic starter

Hello.

Thanks for your reply, I have been in front of this register for nearly 5 hours now and am at screaming point!!! :twisted:

When I turn the machine on and in whatever control key I'm in it comes up with Void Mode Closed. I am only able to use the calculator keys but all other function keys just shriek at me and come up with the errors Warning PLU No Data Error, so although I have read through the manual to try and log on as a clerk the manual says "type in 800 SBTL" and as soon as I hit the SBTL key it starts shrieking!!

The website for the manual is http://www.uktills.co.uk/Manuals/ER420.pdf?nmx=1_8

If you can give any advice at all, it would be so greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Victoria

Reputable Member

Hi,

Thanks for that.

The 800 SUBTOTAL you mention is to program new Clerks into the system but as standard there should already be 15 that you can use.

First try another Initial Clear:
Turn to P
Turn the power off
Press and Hold CASH whilst turning back on
Release CASH and press Cl once.

Now turn to R and try 1 then Clerk - Does the closed sign now disappear?

If still nothing then you would be best of fully resetting the machine back to factory default settings, then you could use it as is and program it up in your own time. For this you would need a key that turns to the S postion as shown on page 12, do you have one of those?

Cheers

Page 1 / 5
Share: