Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

How to fix error code E01 on the Sam4 ER-5200 - thankyou

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

My Sam4 ER-5200 cash register suddenly got stuck in the middle of sat night trading. We are a small bar. The reg key was on REG and was unable to turn to void but the display now says VOID. Whenever any button is pressed, regardless if it is in reg mode or any other mode, the till makes a loud noise and displays the error code - E01 PLU NO DATA ERR.
WHAT DOES THIS ERROR MESSAGE MEAN EXACTLY AND HOW CAN I FIX IT?????

The manual lists the error in the code table but doesn't give any further explanation or most importantly what can be done to fix the problem.

Please can you help???

9 Replies

e01 is a simple error - its operator error - depending on what you were doing at the time, the solution can vary wildly
drop me a pm and i will send you my mobile number.

When I power up the machine the display reads VOID MODE. When I press any key, there is a high pitch sound and the front facing display reads E01 and the adjustable display reads WARNING!! PLU NO DATA ERR. Although when I hit the 0 (zero) key the high pitch sound stops and the adjustable display shows 2 lines of unreadable characters and the front facing display reads 0.00. All this happens in any key mode. The key that I received with the machine has a Z on it and it only goes as far as Z in the key slot. The machine is a Sam4s ER-5215M. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ok, the clue is the "void mode" on the display - is that in every position on the control lock?
if so, the machine has completely lost it's memory! :(

I have, [in the past week] attended a 5200 with these symptoms that would not ram clear - this is the worst case scenario, the eprom that holds the till equivalent of BIOS had become corrupt requiring extensive repair.
{the eprom chip has to be removed from the logic board, be reprogrammed by the manufacturer then refitted.
Not a quick fix by any means :cry:

Lets hope its just a ram clear in S mode

Good luck
Andy

Yes it shows "VOID MODE" in every position on the control lock. :(
What do I need to do to try a ram clear in S mode?
Thanks for your help,
Michael :)

Page 1 / 2
Share: