Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Eat out to Help Out Discount

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes

SPS2200

Any idea on how to actually do this sort of discount on this or any other “older” till. Up to a £10 max per person etc.

7 Replies

Nope. Haven't actually got a clue how to do it on the modern stuff either.

It's a complete mess and not thought through at all.

Don't think its possible in any software or firmware i've seen.

As I see it, the only way to make it work is you need 4 things - 1 A compulsory sub total button, 2. a 50% discount button 3. a£10.00 discount button
and 4 - staff intelligent enough to be able to work out if 50% of the total bill will be over or under a tenner lB

does this discount include drinks with the meal does anyone know? if not, there's another whole new level of complication !what !dunce !dunce !dunce

Thanks - I thought it was going to need a few keys and this gives me enough to get started...

Staff are going to be the issue.... errors are going to be made 50% off a £100 tab when it should only be #Guests * £10 etc..... oh dear oh dear...

I think it does include non alcoholic drinks but there is a flag to include in discount or not on a Status Group so a pain but could be done...

All in all a nightmare and no idea what data is required to get paid back...

I think lB sums my response perfectly when they announced it.

What we need is a discount key with a monetary and percentage rate and with a variable fixed halo based on the guest count key and a product restricted transaction value. Easy :lol:

Page 1 / 2
Share: