Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

SamTouch & SamS...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

SamTouch & SamStock Communication Problem

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

Hey guys,

We purchased a SamTouch system from New Horizon Ltd for our venue a little while back. The setup comprises of 5 EPoS and a 6th 'terminal' which is the back office computer, housing all the stock control programs etc.

Everything seemed to be working just fine, but now the back of house terminal is no longer communicating with the front of house terminals. All terminals say they're online - they're pinging each other and the heartbeat system identifies all 5 terminals from the back of house and vice versa, but I cannot seem to get them to transmit data between themselves. When I try and download any sort of sales data, all I get is a blank page, and when I try and push new products out to the tills, I get an error code '-1'

Has anyone encountered this issue before? If so, can anyone suggest any method to resolve it? As you can imagine it's making stock control an utter nightmare!

Cheers,
J

1 Reply

historically, error code -1 in samstock is - back office not connected to the tills

your network may be intact but the software comms isnt . Ive not done samtouch as a system as i feel there are too many holes in it currently - but in terms of samstock, ive got over 20 years experience!

Share: