Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

PC-Based Multi-site...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

PC-Based Multi-site solution

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I'm after some advice / recommendation...

I'm looking at setting up a virtual multi-site system with a 'Master' controlling machine. The idea would be that the 'Master' would control all the products, prices, global reports etc, and the sites (three at first) underneath would be run as separate business units with access only to their own products and reports. The products and prices would be bi-directionally programmable, so could either be done at the business units or at the 'Master'. There would also need to be loyalty across all units, done via swipe-cards and customer accounting.

Very basic as a first description, but I am after anyone who knows of a system that is capable of doing this.

7 Replies
Estimable Member

Microsoft Dynamics RMS?

Topic starter

Thanks for the suggestion, but that software is targetted far more at the retail rather than hospitality industry. We need to be able to set up our own screen layouts for products sales, like you do in CES, ICR Touch, SharpPOS etc.

Rather than using a controlling master - why not use back office.
Sounds far too reliant on your internet/network uptime.

SharpPos allows Bidirectional plu programming when linked to Ecrmanager.Screens ideally need to be done centrally, but i am sure you could put administrative procedures in place to allow sites to do there own.

Prominent Member

For what it's worth, I agree with Bidgy. Try and get something that doesn't rely on constant network comms.
Where I work the software relies on having a constant, reliable network connection, and that is the last thing you will find in a customers premises i.e. good cabling and a decent quality switch. That is the number one reason for a call.

Page 1 / 2
Share: