Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Epos now

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Epos now

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes

long story short

Last year we brought an epos terminal from epos now, asked at the time whether there were any hidden costs which they said no. Unfortunately this isnt true as we found out the hard way that even though we paid for it all up front unless you continue to give them money each year they turn off your till without notice! and hold all your data to ransom!

From what I can tell the till is actually just an web browser app, so my question to all you experts out there is there anyway i can save a bit of money and face and resuse some of this but just buy some new epos software? I've had the local chap come in that we got our original casio till from and he says he's never seen it before and would need to replace it all, is this right?

I have a till a draw and a printer

5 Replies

It would depend on what the hardware actually is.

If it's a standard PC-based system then you should be able to run ICR Touch on it - that will run on just about anything. Are there any identifying marks on the machine to help, or does it come up with a normal BIOS on boot-up?

As a side-note... EPoS Now are a bunch of charlatans who give the rest of the EPoS world a bad name by association, and anyone with any sense will avoid them like the plague,

Tills 4 Change have successfully replaced EPOS NOW on a recent site at an Ice Cream Parlour.
The terminal was EPOS NOW's own hardware and we installed ICR Touch Point, with a link to ICR Touch Web Office.
The customer rejected EPOS NOW whilst their engineer was actually installing I, as they saw it not fit for purpose. We had them up and running with in 5 days of this ready for their opening.
The software from ICR is licensed to the hard drive of the terminal and once paid for along with the payment code entered the software is yours.
Touch Office Web is optional for additional reporting and most dealers charge this on monthly basis.
We also managed to use software from ICR to drive the EPOS NOW rear advertising screen. The cash drawer was fired from the receipt printer, but we ended up replacing the EPOS NOW 88 receipt printers to make this work.
ICR Touch can be used for both hospitality and retail and a good ICR Dealer will be able to sort out anybody's hardware at a reasonable cost, along with back up support.

ICR Touch can be used for both hospitality and retail and a good ICR Dealer will be able to sort out anybody's hardware at a reasonable cost, along with back up support.

Couldn't agree more. That's why I was hoping that silverback would come back and reply so that I, or someone near, could possibly get int here and speak to him about replacing with ICR Touch.

Thank you for the replies. I just wanted to give you an update on where we are right now

I've been talking to the till man and he came back on Monday and put icr touch on the epos now tills. he couldn't get the printer working like someone else said here, actually what he said is its some cheap chinese rubbish hes never heard off before! hes leant me a printer for now and got the till draw working. he cant get the back display working at the moment but said he's going to come back today to sort that after talking to icr

its an expensive lesson learned the hard way, i was shown icr originally but it looked expensive and found epos now on the internet. They definitely do a good talk, even more so when you talk to them on the phone but to be frank i feel robbed and lied to

Page 1 / 2
Share: