Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Epos new hard drive...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Epos new hard drive password request

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello,

I am a local computer technician. A locals restaurant asked for their POS till's hard drive to be upgraded.
I cloned the drive to a larger hard drive and replaced it into the machine.
It launched ok, windows xp boots to the desktop. But when I click on the EPOS software link it ask for a password. None of the owners passwords appear to work. It's looking for a 4 character password.
I am not beside the machine right now but it is of this style:

of--TOUCH-SCREEN-EPOS-CASH-REGISTER-NEW.jpg

I hope you can help as the owner is keen to have the new hard drive up and running.

Thank,

Coolhanddec

5 Replies

Without knowing what the hardware and software is there would be no point even guessing. However, I suspect that the software is licence-code locked to the hardware and changing the hard drive will have triggered the re-licence requirement from the software creator.

Topic starter

Hi,

We tried using the database code, a 10 character, but it resets after 4 characters have been inputted.

Software wise, It has a blue, EPOS icon. Hardware wise it is the all in one monitor with the ports on the bottom.

When I make the trip again, what options will I have ?

Thanks

you need to contact the software supplier for a new code
as you are aware pirating software is an issue and most suppliers protect themselves by way of a dongle or some funky algorithm utilising the hard drive serial number etc.
in most cases where the licence is locked to the drive, it will be necessary to return the drive to the software company.

Topic starter

Thanks for replies.

I can assure you, I am not trying to pirate software, this is a genuine upgrade query.

I am very new to this area, having spent years in domestic repair, so the help is appreciated.

Page 1 / 2
Share: