Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Searching for a good epos hardware and software.

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I'm looking to buy a new hardware and software for retail business. I've been quoted the J2-615 for around £2000 with the barcode scanner, cash drawer, receipt printer and retail software. I have also been quoted the posiflex KS6185 for about £2600 which includes the same items in the other quote. I have been told that the posiflex hardware is better but I want a good opinion before I make a move as this epos system is going to stay with me for at least 10 years. This is my first time and I don't really know where to go and who to ask and where I can get a good software from. These quotes have come from ITD Software in Stockport

Please can someone advise me if these hardware are good for retail purposes or if I should look elsewhere and also where I can get good retail software. I can't find much information on the internet and have done plenty of research. I also want ecommerce with the epos system but I don't know if this is a good move.

9 Replies
Prominent Member

Where I work we normally use J2 630s and Posiflex KS6715s.
There really isn't much between them technically wise. The J2 has a slightly smaller footprint, but the Posiflex has a cover that you can put over the usb etc connections (very useful!!).
Both come with 3 year return to base warranties too, so it's really down to what you prefer the look of. However my company charge the same price for both models.

Topic starter

If you were to buy your only one and use it for at least 10 years, what hardware would you go for and who would you go to for the software?

Prominent Member

Ten years is a long time for pc based software. The main problem being if you keep the software up to date then it will eventually be too much for the machine to run. For example, I have some customers who have kept up to date only to find it now runs slowly as the software has been made to take advantage of faster processors and greater ram space.
Another route you might want to think about is a rom based machine with a back office software e.g. a Sharp 700 or 800 series with ECR/Stock manager software on the back office pc, or the Sam4s machines with Samstock.
It depends on how big your business is and what sort of offers you do, how many lines you would carry etc. As in pc based machines can store a lot more items and can do fancier offers.
I know I'm probably making it worse by saying these things, but it's just some suggestions.

I think you have to search on internet which provide you best information about good epos hardware and software. EPOS stand for electrical point of sale system it is supported both hardware and software.

Page 1 / 2
Share: