Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

J2 615 - Power supply problems

12 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes

Hi,

Came into work this morning and the j2 615 we use for staff to start/end shifts won't switch on. Not sure if it's an issue with the unit itself or the power supply (4-pin API5AD17). I've tried the power cable in different outlets and the result is the same - the green power led on the unit lights up once only, then disappears.
Have been googling around for a replacement power supply to rule it out, but having no luck finding one that meets the specs.

And (of course) it's out of warranty.....

Has anyone else had this problem with this unit?

11 Replies
Prominent Member

This might work.
Take the mains power cable out of the PSU (that's the three round pin end, not the end you plug into the wall) for ten seconds or so then plug it in again and see if it starts. These J2 PSUs can be a bit funny at times.

Don't very ofter disagree with Porty but on this issue I have to. I look after in excess of 100 J2 units and in the past 4 years have only had to change 3 power supplies!

in fact ive had more mother board issues than power supplies

The j2 is a rock solid piece of kit.

Prominent Member

Thanks Andy! :D
Found an issue with 630s that they seem to do strange things sometimes unless you do that with the psu. I didn't believe it myself until I was told that and tried it myself.
You're right though, the power supplies are normally fine......apart from two i've had to replace in the last month! That was unusual though.
It is normally motherboards, or in the case of a batch of 580s lcd screens.

Hi Porty,

Thanks for the suggestion, but no joy there unfortunately. The power cable is a 4-pin and I can't even seem to find anywhere to source one locally to test whether it's M/B or Power Supply (meanwhile I've got plenty of spare 3-pins lying around - always the way).
Checking the manual & can't see an error msg that lines up with the light coming on once only.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Page 1 / 3
Share: