Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Omron mystery model

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes

Hi,
I am trying to find a certain Omron model but when I search online all the models are smaller, all-in-one type systems. I once worked in a shop which used Omron tills in all their stores, and want to buy the same, or a similar, one, but cannot find this model anywhere. It was built as a modular system with a base Central Process Module and then the two displays, printer and keyboard units slotting on top. There was an integrated card swipe and mode lock in the keyboard. The cash drawer was not built into the unit but separate.
I don't know if anyone can help? I have tried searching various 'RS' combinations but to no avail.
Thanks.

5 Replies

I haven't got a clue, but suspect you'll find it very difficult to find a dinosaur like that still working for you to purchase.

porbably the RS55 - it either came as an all in one - i remember going to a course in london to service these - all i can remember is that you had to karate chop them to split the cabinet!
it also came in what would look like a very wide pc tower type case with some serious irc cabling! - good luch programming them is all i can say - you will never find one of these systems working now.

Thanks for your replies! Yes, there is a fair bit of cabling connecting the modules to the main processing unit but these are tucked up in the recess between the eg printer and base unit. They also have an integrated modem for card processing and the tills are networked so one can be set to 'transmit' mode and the other tills can receive the data, PLUs etc. Searching for RS55 just brings up printer ribbons, unfortunately, so I'll keep looking. These were in use in a UK wide clothing store until fairly recently so maybe it'll pop up somewhere.

Omron RS6000 was also a modular system installed in Primark in its day.

Page 1 / 2
Share: