Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Peculiar experience...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Peculiar experience with new upgrade!

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

Feel free to let me know the outcome of your chats on Monday.

ICR cannot simply deactivate the licence, as they are designed to be able to be used offline as well as online - this means someone could simply image the drive, let ICR do their stuff, then rewrite the drive again. Licences always used to be tied to a physical dongle and wouldn't work with it being present, so it was less of an issue, but nowadays they are almost all issued tied to the hard-drive serial number for security and ease of deployment.

ICR don't need to know what the dealer is doing with the drive, as that's not their legal responsibility. ICR ensure that everything they do is documented and that secure destruction of the drives is performed, but what the dealer does is their responsibility.

If the original licences have been upgraded then it doesn't matter who you bought them from in 2016, as the process of carrying out the upgrade effectively switches the dealer responsible for that licence, but I suspect that's probably not what has been done.

I also presume that you have switched away from WorldPay, given our previous conversations about the software / licence limitations of that as an integrated solution.

Did you get any luck sorting this out?

Hi Simon.

Thanks - I managed to sort it out soon after relatively hassle free. They agreed to upgrade me to a new license at no extra cost and sent back the HDD pretty soon after. I have already needed the HDD for a certain file on the hard drive so its already been worth my while pursuing this.

The whole situation could have been sorted with some communication beforehand and if they hadn't resorted to removing it discreetly, making it look highly suspicious.

I'm happy to draw a line under the whole situation but believe that there must be a better solution for IcrTouch with regards to old licenses, especially when almost every one needs online activity.

Thanks for your input Simon.

Page 2 / 2
Share: