Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

multiple issues sud...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

multiple issues suddenlyy appeared on multiple terminals

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

No real ideas. Is there a reason you've got the PDQs linked with USB, and is this something you do elsewhere with no issues? I always used V2 on IP connection and just put the tills on static addresses. I'm just wondering if maybe it's something to do with the way it uses the port?

Topic starter

Hi Simon - sorry for the delay - things have progressed.
the internet connection in this shop is horrendous and his card terminals regularly revert to dial up - hence the USB connection (set up 5 years ago) i don't use this anywhere else.

since my last post, things have seriously deteriorated! i loaded 10 onto the original drive - long hand, ran all the updates then copied icr over as previously. -Issue #1 it destroyed the licence!
apart from that - this configuration worked [in demo mode] flawlesly.
Tuesday - i took the drive to be imaged [2 miles down the road] returned with drive and booted into pos ready 7 - froze within minutes!
there are 2 kinds of touch screen - i had the wrong type on the image - was sorted quickly. put machine online - froze again.
Long story short, the entire machine ended up where they have far more resources than i do - and after various hardware, software and ssd swaps, we finally ended up with a configuration that seemed stable. This was tuesday at 17:10 and everyone wanted to go home.
I declined the offer of taking the machine home with me as i'd been here many times before - so they attached it to their network - so i could keep an eye on it remotely.
last time i saw it working was 9am wednesday morning, before i set out for the day.
Today, Thursday, I collected the beastie and took it home with the intention of further testing and the reinstallation of the credit card software. - plugged it in and the post screen showed - then transformed into what i can only describe as the forward viewing screen of the starship enterprise!!!
The unit is now back at the place i obtained an image from with an estimate for almost £300 which i have gratiously declined!
will pick it up tomorrow - but i think this is one that highlights the fact that you can't win em all! 😳 lB lB lB lB

I think you've got some "Friday Afternoon" machines there...

Page 2 / 2
Share: