Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Discounts based on ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Discounts based on quantity - how to?

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

Hi all,

We are new to using till software, as we are coming from an old cash register system (lots to learn!!!!)

We run a print company on the high street - which means we have walk-ins that need wildly different jobs including photocopying.

We'd like to be able to have the till system automatically calculate discounts or price reductions in stages for example:

1-10 copies: 50p each
11-50 copies: 30p each
51-249 copies: 15p each
250+ copies: 10p each

So for example, if the clerk puts in one set of 6 copies, and then puts in another set of 5 copies, all the copies will be charged @ 30p each (11 x 30p £3.30).

Can anyone explain how we might be able to do that?

5 Replies

That isn't really possible unless you know ETAL scripting, which is not something for an end user to attempt.

Hi S1mon.

Thanks for your reply, is ETAL script a challenge to learn?

Also you mention the end user - as we will be using this in our shop, isn't that us?

Do you know anywhere I can take a look at some scripting examples?

Thanks,
Aaron

Sorry, was typing on a phone. See above, NOT something for an end user.

I can't give you any examples, guides etc as it's the sort of stuff that is mostly protected by dealer privilege. You should be talking to the dealer who supplied your till about it really.

Hi S1mon,

Thanks for the clarification.

In terms of our supplier - they mentioned something about developing something like "having 250 product items so you can have it automatically add on to the next one..."

But overall not so keen on the idea. Can you tell me if this is a complicated thing, should I expect our supplier to know ETAL scripting?

Thanks again,
Aaron

Page 1 / 2
Share: