Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Router advice

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes

Hope I'm in the right place for this question.

I run a bar using uniwell touchscreens and a handheld terminal for waiter service. The wifi connection drops periodically and we have to reset the router.
Things can get messy if a waiter is in the middle of entering an order We use an older Netgear dg834g and I want to replace it with something more reliable.
I like using netgear but maybe there are more reliable alternatives for this type of setup, or a better netgear model.

Does anyone have a favourite router?

5 Replies

uniwell used to recommend netgear - i personally prefer linksys - but its like asking - do i go ford or vauxhall
its your personal choice. Whichever you choose, make sure you can navigate your way around their menus

I personally like the Draytek routers and wireless kit, but what is the handheld that you are using?
I presume that you are talking about Phoenix on an Android device, so it's also worth checking your wifi settings on the Android.

Thanks for the replies.

I have used a number of routers over the years but like the netgear menu. Haven't used Linksys

I am using phoenix running on a nexus. I don't mind spending a bit more to get the right equipment, false economy otherwise.
Have heard that Draytek are good.

pp

Page 1 / 2
Share: