Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

New Till Advice.

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

Hello
I am looking for some advice on updating our current out of date till solutions within our Bar. We currently use a really old Uniwell SX 6600.
I am not looking for something really complex, just something that will be quite a significant improvement over the current tills in operation.

We need to obviously need to have Drink & Food.
Not really looking for an expensive system due to the simple requirements required.

If i had to put a budget on a full system i would say between £300-£600 - I have looked at the Uniwell DX=915
I have been looking on ebay at models, as i do not want to get tied into a contract with a actual company.(I would rather maintain and programme them in-house.)

Thanks.

6 Replies

For that budget you will be doing ALL the setup and programming yourself. If you can get a Uniwell DX895 or DX-915 within your budget with the other hardware you need (printers, cash-drawer) then go for it - as long as you are prepared for a lot of work setting it up.

You won't get a system, not even second-hand, from a dealer for that sort of price.

I am aware that i will be doing the majority of the set-up/Programming of the machines.

UNIWELL AX3000 ePOS
Cash Drawer
Uniwell TP-932 Printer

I could get the above for just slightly over my initial budget.
For some reason the DX-915 is priced a lot higher on eBay compared to the AX-3000?

The AX-3000 is a much better machine to be honest. I'd go with that over a DX any day - easier to program, better interface, more stable.

You will, however, want to look at getting it up to the latest version of software you possibly can as there's been a lot of development and bug-fixes over the last year or so.

Thanks for the advice s1mon.

I have been informed by a seller on ebay that:-
The AX-3000 till was bought in 2013 and was used for only 7-8 months.
So i am not sure what version would be on the tills themselves.

Can you update them yourself via say placing the latest version of software onto a USB Stick and updating that way?
(But i am doubting that it would ever work-out as above.)

I am guessing the Thermal printer i mentioned in my above post would work with the AX-3000?

The seller does not have any manuals for the unit as he apparently left them behind, when moving-out of his premises.

Basically i am going into this blind at the moment, the till i am wanting to replacing is a Uniwell SX-6600

Page 1 / 2
Share: