Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

networking advice

12 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes

I know that kind of place - got plenty of them in Bristol that are a complete PITA for parking.

Topic starter

I feel your pain - thanks for your input - im off now to order a sexy gigabyte switch with a view to isolating the tills later n the week once sparky has identified the correct cables from the patch cabinet!

... off now to order a sexy gigabyte switch ...

I wouldn't bother with anything expensive. For just running tills together I normally use these;-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-TL-SF1 ... B000FNFSPY

and find they work just fine.

Trusted Member

i'd go with a separate switch for the epos stuff, tills, pc etc, use a different ip range for all your epos stuff, drop a link from this switch to the outgoing router for remote access. you can set an additional ip address on the pc network card if you are using a different internal ip range from the external.

Completely agree with you Chris. The problem is that Andy has no form of access to the router to set up what's needed.

On top of that, most standard home/business routers supplied by the ISP don't have the capability to run multiple ip address ranges etc.

Page 2 / 3
Share: