Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Need a till which c...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Need a till which can be remotely accessed / possibly cloud?

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

Hi

I currently run the shop for my local district Scouts. We set the shop up about 7 years ago and bought a Sam4S ER380 and we use Samstock for stock control. Our entire site is run by volunteers (myself included) and with work and family commitments I'm looking to try and streamline the process. One thing that would be very helpful would be if we could get a PLU report from the till remotely to enable us to make an order without the need to go to the site and connect a laptop to the till.

I also find Samstock very clunky and feel that I could do a much neater job with an Access database, that said even that seem a bit old hat nowadays.

Is there a financially viable cloud solution? I don't want to blow loads of money on this because every penny that is spent on EPOS is money that is not benefiting the youngsters. I'm also very wary of ongoing fees, but an online solution which is automatically updated whenever a sale occurs would seem to be the modern day solution.

I programmed our existing till from scratch and would prefer to do as much as possible myself in order to keep costs down.

Can anyone recommend a system that fits the bill? At the moment we have 830 PLU's, we use a barcode scanner and we have a separate chip and pin machine.

Thanks for any advice.

Kev

5 Replies

I'd strongly recommend looking at ICR Touch as a solution.

Thanks.

So I see that I can pick up second hand terminals on eBay with ICR touch 2012 licence. What else would I need?

I presently run Samstock but as mentioned I'm not a massive fan.

Do I have to buy the ICR backroom software? Is it better than Samstock? How much does it cost?

Once set I've set it up could I upload new PLU's, change prices, check sales etc remotely?

I notice there's a cloud option, I assume that would require a subscription, does anyone know how much it costs?

Thanks again

Kev

The back office software is likely to blow your budget, and you're highly unlikely to find it going second hand on eBay.

The cloud-based back office (TouchOfficeWeb) would be better but will need a newer licence than that to support it.

You'd also have to go via a dealer to get TOW, and likely to get the fixed back office system.

If you're looking at ICR and want to be able to do anything with the back office solutions then I'd strongly suggest you find a local dealer as you'll possibly find one who will do you a good deal on a second hand system and at least you'll know what you're getting.

Is there anywhere a database of with all the local dealers for this type of stuff? I can't find any in my area.

Page 1 / 2
Share: