Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

SX580 programming/using #Dept for more than 5 Depts

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

Hey everyone,

I have managed to program the first 5 Depts by using the main DEPT keys.
These now show the correct names when i am in 'R' mode.

However, I am sure that I can program and use more DEPT's with this cash register?

I have tried to program it the same way for the #Dept's as I have done for the individual DEPT keys, but it does not program the same unless i am missing something?

I do not have a manual to refer to, so if anyone can shed any light on this, I would be extremely grateful :)

Cheers in advance to you all. :D

4 Replies

Yayyyy :)

Ok, I managed to suss out how to program all the other #DEPT's.

(TTL) > (ENT/RLS) > XX (= number of dept) > (DEPT#) > XXXXXXXXXXXXX (= name of dept) > (CHECK STUB)

So i now have a load of Departments programmed.... However, We are now having difficulty in using them!!!

If we wish to use the main Dept keys (Dept 1, Dept21, Dept 3, Dept 4):

We simply key in the price - press the appropriate Dept key and all is well.

But when we try to use any of the other dept keys, we get an error.

I am sure this is simply us entering the price and dept incorrectly. We have tried various ways, but the error remain.

Once again, any help with this would be greatly appreciated :)

OK.... we have now managed to use the dept's but not in the way we imagined.

To use Depts no 5 upwards;

We have to: Enter the Price > (ENT/RLS) > XX ( = the department number) > (DEPT#).

However to enter the number for the Dept, you have to use the numbered price keys and not the alha/numeric keypad on the right.

We would like to be able to use the alpha/numeric keys to enter the Depts...

Is this possible?

Again, any help extremely appreciated :)

If they don't work now then they probably never will. Different keys do different things and it's hard coded.

If they don't work now then they probably never will. Different keys do different things and it's hard coded.

Cheers for the reply :)

Ah well, it would have been nice to have more than the 4 DEPT keys. I was hoping to put a DEPT map under the cover and utilise that area of the keypad.

I suppose we can't moan... at least it works :)

Share: