Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

ML 780 setup + David software

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 RamZ
Topic starter

I have recently purchased a second hand ML 780. It came with a USB with manuals and the David Software. I have managed to use the software to setup a layout, created my departments, plus, key layout etc. I do have a few questions that I have been unable to answer though.

1. How do I transfer the setup from the program to the register. It didnt come with a memory card. Can it be done via direct connection to the program/laptop?
If it has to be done via memory card - I saw another post about making sure you dont use a memory card higher than 16mb ATA. Are those cards readily available, if so where might I find one?

2. I have connected the drw2 plug, yet when you mimic a sale the draw doesnt open. It moves like it is going to open but doesnt. The key for the draw also doesnt fit (grrr). Do you need to setup the second drw/ds areas on the back of the register for the draw to open? Or is it just possibly locked and I dont have a key....making it useless. If that is the case, can you purchase the draws separately?

Thanks in advance!

7 Replies

You need a cable to connect from serial port (or usb/serial adaptor) on your laptop to one of the serial ports at rear of ml780.
If the drawer solenoid is making a sound as if attempting to open, then either the drawer is jammed or locked.

Hi Ramz,
I too recently purchased a 2nd hand Towa and was in the same position as you.
Those 16mb cards are hard to find, so I jacked into the Towa using a cross-over network
cable (red in Aus). So now David communicates from my laptop over ethernet to the register.

The one problem I do have, is getting the Towa to Factory Reset, so only my new data is in memory when I upload it.
I think it my be called Engineers Reset in the manual.....not sure atm.

Can anyone help?

An engineer reset would clear all sales data held in memory. A factory reset is called a ram-clear here and would set everything to default, main flag settings, departments, keyboard..everything.

It might be best to make sure that David and the sx690 have the same maximums settings for plu's. Assuming that your David file has only the products that you have set up ,send down all of the plu's (I assume this is what you want) including blank ones. This will clear anything you don't want.

Thanks for the reply socheallaigh.

I think you are on the money with the settings for the Maximums.

I changed the settings in David for Maximums to suit my needs. I'll bump them back up tonight and try again.

Page 1 / 2
Share: