Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Geller mp-2

28 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi

thankyou for your reply

i will as the machines are in really good condition its just the printer box started clicking when the
printer carriage flys to and fro ?

once again cheers

rgds graeme

Topic starter

hi

i am still looking for a replacement printer part

as i have said we do have 3 tills all the same mp-2's
one of them cuts off its receipts after printing and the others don't
is this controlled by the till ie flags / settings or would that option be embedded in the printer unit
all 3 look the same but this one may have been changed at some point in its life ?

any thoughts ?

rgds graeme

All mp2's should cut the receipt. The only setting is for enabling/disabling receipt issue.
If the receipt is printing but not cutting then maybe the cutting blade has been removed by someone. You would have to remove the black plastic print cover to check this (2 black screws)

Topic starter

hi

cheers for the quick reply i will check this out
i didnt want to go digging if it could be switch off

will let you know

many thanks
rgds graeme

Reputable Member

Very common problem is the cutter clutch on the feed shaft. They get weak when old and don't have enough torque to push the blade. You replace the whole shaft which is neither cheap nor easy, I'm afraid. Usually only happens after a very large amount of use so printer is probably quite worn if this is the cause.

Page 5 / 6
Share: