Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Programming discount

13 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

The problem is that the discount is off the cost of a "meal", not just off individual items. You need to factor in discounts on soft drink / hot drinks as well, capping it at £10 maximum per head with food and non-alcoholic drinks included.

The problem is that the discount is off the cost of a "meal", not just off individual items. You need to factor in discounts on soft drink / hot drinks as well, capping it at £10 maximum per head with food and non-alcoholic drinks included.

Ok thats not how the original post read to me but I had a look at the scheme and you are right :) I'll have another play when I get the chance

Ok, I had some more Sunday fun playing with this.... There are a few ways but none are perfect. The easiest to me would be to have your bill with x people and make sure the covers function is being used (no of people at a table). When it comes time to pay use the selective subtotal button to select all valid items (food, minerals etc) and you can visually see a total and a number of covers. There can then be 2 discount buttons, one which gives 50% off and another thats gives a monetary value:

So say you have a bill of £45, 3 covers then you just press the 50% button.
If the bill is £95 with 2 covers you press 20 and the monetary discount button.

You can have the discount buttons in a little pulldown menu and have their opposites in there too in case you hit the wrong one you can just undo it so there would be 4 buttons total.

Another method may be to have food on table 4.1 and drinks on 4.2 and do similar and then add the 2 checks at the end.

Another method could be to price shift the alcohol group to £0 to see your subtotal, apply discount and switch back.

It is also possible to create an arrangement file that can be used as a button so that you would enter number of covers and the main bill so:
say 0240 is a table with a bill of £40 with 2 covers. You can have conditional jump commands in an arrangement so you can say if 0240 <= (300) then take £20 off etc.
This would need a bit of work making correct references however in the program. (Sadly operations live divide etc can't be done)

Another method may be to have food on table 4.1 and drinks on 4.2 and do similar and then add the 2 checks at the end.

When you say add the two checks at the end do you mean by transferring check 4.1 to check 4.2. ?
I have tried but cannot do it , is it possible . Thanks

It should be as simple as 4.1 -addbill- 4.2

Page 2 / 3
Share: