Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

casio tk 2300

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi. Im trying to reprogramme a friends tk 2300, nothing too major, just prices and descriptions. I have downloaded a manual and have looked at forums to find that it should be pretty easy, key to programme, type in the new price (no decimal point) and press the button on the flat keyboard that needs to be changed. The till wont let me, message reads operator error, (or the French equivalent). I have tried to change the description as well, but the same message. It wont even let me do a daily read. I was able to change the time and date however! Im assuming something is in use but all the clerks are empty. Is there a daddy code to clear all totals and not clear the RAM just in case its wont let me reprogramme after clearing everything?
Thanks

6 Replies
Trusted Member

have you got an operator logged on when you turn to PGM mode?

Topic starter

Sorry i have only just picked this message up. It turns out there was a programme code which the previous owners till programmer put on so it restricts access to programme changes. We have the price change one now but not the descriptor change one. Is there a code override? Its only been set up so he has to be called in to change anything on the till and get paid!
Ta

Estimable Member

I'm not to experienced with that model, but most all Casio work basically the same.

I would first do
(1) A backup on to a CF card.

(2) A flag clear. When the FC receipt prints out you should see the Pass code printed on that receipt.

(3) Reinitialize the machine without a pass code if you can't get the pass code and then restore your backup file.

Kevin

Reputable Member

It depends which ROM it has. Some had many levels of security. I'm thinking it may have a superboard installed with special ROMs.
Definitely try a flag clear and the FC code which prints will usually show if there is a main program mode password in the left hand digits.
(note. Since this machine is about 25 years old, there is no CF card backup)

Page 1 / 2
Share: