Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Casio CE4000 Cash Register

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes

Hi
I work in a little coffee shop. We have a reconditioned Casio CE4000 cash register, but, unfortunately, we do not have a manual!

We have a problem with the date. Up until December 2019, the year was fine, but, after a short closure for the winter, the year has gone to 1920! Is there some way for it to recognise four digits instead of two so that 2020 can be inputted?

Many thanks in anticipation.

3 Replies

Here is your manual, page 19 for date and time, go to: manuals lib and search for Casio-Ce-2400o

to set the date: key to x mode > input date 200223 (yymmdd) > press X button > Press C/AC

Many thanks, but I have tried that! I have tried all variations for the date - to no effect - it still says 1920!

My apologies I read your opening post as 2400 not 4000.

For the 4000 you need to set key to program > then enter date YYMMDD > then press X/date time button > press clear key > Enter time HHMM > press X/date time button again > turn key back to reg 1 or whatever you use.

If this is not working then you are either doing it wrong or else there is a problem with the till itself. You can try a flag clear if you are certain you are doing it correctly:
Power off > Press and hold receipt feed key > Turn mode switch to program > power on till while holding receipt feed key and then release > press button above cash key > you should see FFFFFFFFF if done right.

This wont delete any till data.

Beyond that you are looking at complete reinitialisation of the till and wiping everything. That model of till is really quite old now so may be having some issues.

Share: