Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Epson TM-T88 print ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Epson TM-T88 print faded on one side?

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes

Hi all

One of our TM-T88s is showing some really unusual fade on the left hand side - cleaning the printer head solved the problem temporarily, but it would return after a day or two. In the end we replaced the printer head, but the problem has recurred just a couple of days later!

We can see a lot of debris building on the printer head on the left hand side, but can't see any obvious cause for it.

Anyone have any experience of these printers? Can someone help us diagnose the problem...?

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk

5 Replies

try applying gentle pressure to the left hand side of the lid while printing is in progress - if this helps, the bronze bush on the end of the rubber platen roller could be worn. if it makes no difference, try changing the power supply - ive had these cause feint print sometimes too - though to be fair, from the photo i would have said new head - it may be time to source a replacement printer tbh

It might also be one of the springs which hold the thermal head in place going - there are only two of them.

Given the price of second hand printers I'd simply look at replacing the whole thing to be honest as Andy suggested.

Reputable Member

The fact that you keep cleaning it to fix it suggests something is shedding crap onto the head. I've had the rubber roller fail and start to gunk the head but this usually only happens when you run out of paper and the roller then contacts the head. Check the roller for perishing anyway. Also make sure no liquids are near that can drip into the printer. Other than that, bad / low quality paper can block the head. try another brand of paper. Weird symptom though. Please let us know when you find out what is causing it.

sounds crazy i know - but if you have another 24v power supply , try swapping it - I've had this before and it took me forever to try that. was about to scrap the printer in fact.

Page 1 / 2
Share: